Womenswear from Simone and Nicky Zimmermann
View recent Zimmermann Collections on Australian Fashion Review Blog
Introduction to the Zimmerman Fashion Label
Zimmerman was founded in 1991 by sister Nicky and Simone Zimmermann – with Nicky’s degree in fashion from East Sydney Technical College and Simone’s background in marketing, the pair were fully equipped with the skills necessary to make their womenswear label a success. Just a year after inception, in 1992, the sisters opened their first Zimmermann boutique in Sydney, which helped drive the rapid expansion of the label. The brand profile was further increased in 1996 when Zimmermann presented at the first ever Australian Fashion Week in Sydney.
Simone and Nicky Zimmermann
Since then the Zimmermann fashion label has never looked back – it is undeniably the sister’s cohesive partnership, with Nicky in charge of the creative side and Simone managing sales and production, which has made Zimmermann the fashion juggernaut it is today. Winning many awards and accolades along the way, Zimmermann creates two ranges each season – Ready-to-Wear and Swimwear – which continue to satisfy demanding fashionista’s throughout the globe.
As of 2011, Zimmermann had 15 standalone boutiques throughout Australia including in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane, as well as a recently opened standalone boutique in Los Angeles. Additionally, the Zimmermann brand is stocked in some of the world’s finest fashion boutiques, including Harrods of London, CK Tangs of Singapore, Lane Crawford of Hong Kong, and Neiman Marcus and Barneys stores throughout the US.
Zimmerman Ready-to-Wear Summer 2012
Zimmermann Fashion Label – Key Dates
- 1991: The Zimmermann fashion label is founded by sister Nicky and Simone Zimmermann.
- 1992: The brand opens its first boutique in Sydney.
- 1996: Zimmerman increases its public profile by showing at the first Australian Fashion Week in Sydney.
- 1999: The Zimmermann brand wins the Swimwear Designer of the Year Award at Australian Fashion Week.
- 2001: Zimmermann launches a women’s lingerie line.
- 2004: The brand is once again recognised for its premium swimwear, winning the Best Swimwear Designer Award at the Cleo Maybeline Fashion Awards.
- 2005: Zimmermann are the recipient of the Best Swimwear Brand accolade at the Prix de Marie Claire.
- 2011: The first Zimmermann overseas Zimmermann boutique opens on Los Angeles’ Robertson Boulevard.
The Zimmermann Aesthetic
With each collection Zimmermann stays true to its original vision – womenswear with sophisticated femininity, strong silhouettes, interesting colour combinations and delicate unique prints. At a result, a bikini, swimsuit of womenswear garment is instantly recognisable as Zimmermann, thanks to the individuality of mixing fashion with swimwear. Zimmermann present their ready-to-wear collections each year at Mercedes Australian Fashion Week, and the Miami Swim Fair in the US. They maintain showrooms in Sydney, Melbourne, London and New York.
Visit the official Zimmermann website, here.