Sensual swimwear with a conscience from Australian fashion designer, Lisa Burke
Founded by Australian fashion designer Lisa Burke in 2006, Lisa Blue is a women’s swimwear label, with a reputation for sexy and innovative swimwear. The Lisa Blue girl is not easily defined with pieces in each collection appealing the the elegant and sophisticated lady, the fun and flirty beach babe, and the sporty and edgy surfer girl. With the roots of the brand stemming from a whale watching experience in Australia’s Byron Bay, Lisa Blue is a swimwear label with a conscience, with 25% of net profits being donated to the Australian Whale Conservation Society.
The extensive Summer 2013 collection from Lisa Blue follows the brand’s design philosophy of merging fashion with the beauty of the ocean, whilst bringing glamour to the surf. The seasonal line consists of First Summer and Second Summer which each contain mini collections with their own distinct aesthetic and stories – First Summer is made up of ‘Orchid Flower’, ‘Cover Girl’, ‘Flamingo’ and ‘Enchantress’, and Second Summer is made up of ‘Dragon’ and ‘Pin Up’.
- Orchid Flower: It’s all about ladylike florals and sensual cut-outs in the ‘Orchid Flower’ collection, with flirty, ruffle trims adding an added touch of femininity.
- Cover Girl: Lisa’s life of riding horses, provides the influence being the ‘Cover Girl’ story. Innovative cuts in lush, bright denim with pretty lace trims and red and whit star prints, gives a quirky take on the American cowgirl theme.
- Flamingo: Inspired by a personal love of Flamenco dancing, grand Flamenco frills with bright prints depicting flamingo birds at sunset produce a feminine, youthful story.
- Enchantress: It’s all about glamour in this ultimate story of romance. Inspired by Lisa’s love of ancient Goddesses silk-like Italian fabric is used to create ethereal, Grecian style pieces, with ruching and delicate gold trims, bringing the elegance of Ancient Greece
- Dragon: Envisioning a dragon while on vacation in Bali, Lisa decided to channel this vision into her collection with Oriental-style dragon prints in decadent colours reminiscent of the Ancient Chinese Empire.
- Pin Up: Inspired by the sailor girl pin-ups of the 1950’s, there are nautical stripes, high waists and pin-up photo prints a plenty, in this sensual mini collection.
So without ay further ado, we present the Summer 2013 collection from Lisa Blue…keep an eye out for blonde-haired Lisa Burke modelling some of her own collections in stunning style.
Visit the official Lisa Blue website, or check out Lisa Blue fashion collections on Australian Fashion Review Blog.
If you enjoyed the Summer 2013 collection from Lisa Blue, why not check out our special feature on the Top Swimwear Trends for Spring/Summer 2012-2013.