“The girl with that gap”
Jessica Hart shot by Eric Guillemain for an editorial in Vogue Australia, October 2011. (Image Source)
Who is Jessica Hart?
Born in Sydney, Australia on the 26th March 1986, Jessica Hart was discovered at the age of 15 in a local shopping centre after being encouraged by her aunt to enter the Dolly model search that Miranda Kerr had previously won in 1997. In 2000, Jessica won the Dolly modelling competition – it was the break that would see the 15 year old having to choose between her education at Sophia Mundi Steiner School or her fledgling modelling career.
Australian supermodel Jessica Hart is well known for her chic off duty style. (Image Source)
To the fashion industry’s delight, Jessica Hart continued to pursue her modelling career, which led to the young Sydney-sider travelling the world to gain experience. To build up her portfolio, she first went to Japan, before living in Paris for four months and in London for a year. She finally settled in New York, where she is represented by Chadwick Models, whom with she has seen her career go from strength to strength.
Known for her stunning gap-toothed smile, Jessica Hart has featured in numerous advertising campaigns, most notable in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2009. Other advertising campaigns she had been featured include H&M, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Victoria’s Secret, Gap, Target, Myer, Zimmermann, Wayne by Wayne Cooper, Moschino, Karen Millen, Venus Swimwear, Cue, Seafolly, Sass & Bide and Bettino Liano amongst others.
Jessica Hart Covers (L-R): Vogue Australia March 2008, Surface Magazine February 2010, Salt Magazine SS2012, Elle Spain August 2011 (Image Source)
Parallel to her campaign successes, Jessica has become one of the world’s most in demand cover girls, featuring on the cover of the likes of Vogue Australia, Time Out Magazine, Karen Magazine, Shape Germany and Elle Denmark, Spain and Italia. The Australian model is also regularly featured in high fashion editorials in some of the world’s most prestigious fashion magazines Vogue Australia, Harpers Baazar, Cleo, Cosmopolitan and US Glamour.
Jessica Hart certainly is a supermodel in high demand – here at Australian Fashion Review Blog, we don’t see this changing any time soon- she surely is on of Australia’s finest exports.
Jessica Hart in an editorial for the August 2011 edition of Elle Spain, shot by Santiago Esteban. (Image Source)
The Rise of an International Supermodel: Jessica Hart Timeline
- Jessica Hart enters the Dolly Magazine model search, the same competition that fellow Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr won in 1997. Jessica wins the competition at age 15 setting her on the path to become one of the world’s most in demand supermodels.
- Jessica walks the runway for Betsey Johnson and Venexiana at New York Fashion Week.
- Jessica Hart is back on the catwalk, walking for the Fall/Winter 2005 shows for Camilla Staerk, John Rocha, Jenny Packham and Agent Provocateur at New York and London Fashion Weeks.
- It is a big moment for Jessica as she features on the cover of Australian Vogue. Later in the year she also lands the cover of German Elle.
- Jessica becomes the face of US label, Guess.
Jessica Hart for Guess Accessories in 2008. (Image Source)
- Jessica Hat purchases a $1 million one-bedroom property in Manhattan’s Battery Park with her then boyfriend, fellow Australian and Tamarama band member Nicolas Potts.
- Jessica Hart was invited to become a Victoria’s Secret Angel – with Angels Heidi Klum, Karoline Kurkova and Adriana Lima all pregnant in the fall of 2009, there was a gap to fill which saw Jessica feature extensively in the advertising campaigns of the season. She continues to model for the Victoria’s Secret catalogue in the following years.
- Jessica features in the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Jessica Hart for the 2009 Issue of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit. (Image Source)
- The Australian gap-toothed beauty becomes the face of Le Sportsac, an American luxury accessories label.
- The Australian model is the face of Seafolly’s Spring/Summer campaign.
- Jessica features on the cover of American design magazine, Surface.
- Jessica branches out from the model game, teaming up with Australian retail giant General Pants to launch her own clothing line, ‘Neon Hart’.
- Nicolas Potts and Jessica hart mutually end their long-term relationship. She moves on fom the six year relationship in December when she begins dating Paris Hilton’s ex and shipping heir Stavros Niarchos.
- It is a busy year on the catwalk for Jessica Hart with her walking the runway for Spring/Summer 2011 collections for PPQ, Louise Grey, Gottex Swimwear, Guess, Wayne by Wayne Cooper, Matthew Williamson, Julien MacDonald, Giles Deacon, Christopher Kane, Osman and Sass & Bide, amongst others.
Some of Jessica Hart’s 2010 runway appearances for SS2011 (L-R): Christopher Kane, PPQ, Julien McDonald, Giles Deacon. (Image Source)
- It was a busy year for editorials for Jessica. She featured in Australian Vogue twice, first in April alongside Australian male model, Andrej Pejic, and again in October in an editorial shot by renowned photographer Eric Guillemain. She also features in a editorial for Harper’s Bazaar Spain, photographed by Rafael Stahelin and n the fall issue of Love magazine, shot by Solve Sundsbo, as well as in the November 2011 V Magazine, the August 2011 Elle Spain, Fall/Winter 2011 Love Magazine, amongst others.
- Jessica Hart becomes the face of British fashion label Karen Millen, as well as modelling for the Espirit Spring advertising campaign and featuring in the Barney’s New York fall catalogue, which was styled by Carine Roitfeld.
Jessica Hart for Karen Millen in 2011. (Image Source)
- As an ambassador for Australian retail giant, Myer, Jessica Hart shoots for the Spring/Summer campaign in South Africa.
- It’s a year of mishaps for the Australian beauty – In the early year she breaks her ankle, which was followed three months later with nerve damage to her foot after cutting it on glass at a friends wedding. Jessica required plastic surgery with model manager Chadwicks confirming that she may be out of action for several weeks.
- It is a busy year for Jessica Hart on the campaign trial as she also featured in the ad campaigns for Pour La Victoire Resort 2013 and H&M Shades of Summer 2012.
- Jessica is shot by renowned photographer Davis Burton for an editorial for Elle Italia.
- Jessica Hart lends her assets to Sass & Bide as the face (and body) of their debut lingerie range, designed exclusively for Myer.
Jessica Hart for Sass & Bide Lingerie in 2012. (Image Source)
- In June, just weeks after the pair were seen looking for apartments together, it is rumoured that Stavros Niarchos has called time on his two year relationship with Jessica Hart following a trip to the Maldives, however nothing is confirmed.
Jessica Hart: Not Just a Model
In 2009, Jessica announced that she would teaming up with Australian retail giant, General Pants to create her own clothing line, entitled ‘Neon Hart’, with a percentage of the profits set to be donated to children’s charity Destiny Rescue. Launched exclusively through General Pants in Australia in 2010 and exclusively through Selfridges in the the UK in June 2011, the edgy clothing range strongly reflects Jessica’s own personal style. The multi-talented model says: “It’s basically my wardrobe,” she told us. “It’s easy to wear and can be dressed up or dressed down. It’s boyish meets girly; sexy meets rock ‘n’ roll. I’ve worked closely with our designer on the fabrics, designs, ideas, prints and colours. We develop it together.”
Jessica Hart as the face of her own label, Neon Hart. (Image Source)
It Runs in the Family: Ashley Hart
Its seems like stunning looks run in the Hart family, as Jess’ younger sister Ashley Hart, is also hot on the modelling scene right now. Born in 1989, Ashley followed in her sister’s footsteps beginning her modelling career at the ages of 15, signing on at the same modelling agency as big sis, Chadwicks. Although not yet at supermodel status like Jess, Ashley is well on her way with advertising campaigns for the likes of Intimo, K Mart, Target, Playboy Intimates, Cotton On, Antz Pants, Blackbyrd, Diavolina by Robert Roberts, Harris Scarfe and K-Swiss. In 2011, Jessica Hart and Ashley Hart shared the 4-page fold out cover of the August edition of Elle Italia.Ashley is in a happy long-term relationship with fellow Australian model Buck Palmer.
Jessica Hart’s Model Little Sister, Ashley Hart. (Image Source)